A healthy lifestyle depends on many factors, such as determination, motivation, choices, knowledge, but also time!
Time to make a week plan, time to research which are the best choices when there is no time for big preparations. In fact, everything we do (or don’t do) directly depends on the time we have.
First of all, it is important to point out that, sometimes, we are the ones who make our time. This is, we choose where and how to dedicate our time. There is a phrase we say or hear very often: “but I don’t have time!”. It is essential to realize if we don’t really have time or if we are not being able to manage it or enjoy it in the best way.
One of the challenges proposed during the reading of this article is to dedicate a little bit of our time, to win time. In other words, gaining time and health. To pack lunch may be the solution to gain health and time.
“But I come home already exhausted, and I still have to make dinner, clean up the kitchen, put the kids to bed, spend time with my husband/wife, and in the end I still have to sleep!” Yes, in fact, it seems hard to fit the being healthy in the middle of the hustle and bustle that the weekly routine is.
However, the Packed Lunch may revolutionize our meals.
Here are a few tips to make the perfect packed lunch, in a short time:
Protein, what to include? Can of natural tuna, boiled egg, lean cheese, grilled/roasted chicken or turkey breast, cooked shrimp, smoked salmon, shredded grilled salmon, etc.
Carbohydrates: Cooked pasta, rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, couscous, quinoa, beans, chickpeas, fava beans, lentils, peas, etc.
Vegetables: Cooked, grilled, roasted, sauteed, stewed vegetables, salads, etc.
Do not waste! Find more solutions and fewer excuses.
Roasted chicken breast left over from a meal: Freeze or keep it in the fridge (for 1-2 days), and it’s wonderful in your packed lunch.
You can’t heat your food and don’t like cold rice or pasta? Replace it with chickpeas already cooked and canned, which is great even if it’s not heated.
A suggestion of 5 easy, quick and delicious packed lunches:
- Natural tuna + boiled egg + canned cooked chickpeas + chopped onion + packaged scraped carrots + pumpkin seeds + mix of green leaves (lettuce, arugula, etc…) packaged. Can be seasoned with lemon juice, olive oil and chives.
- Smoked salmon + cold pasta + cooked broccoli and carrots + sunflower seeds + healthy yogurt sauce.
- Omelet with turkey ham and lean cheese + grilled asparagus + basmati rice with chopped apple or dehydrated apple.
- Sauteed shrimp with paprika and Himalayan salt + sweet potato and cauliflower puree + sauteed spinach with orange juice.
- Stewed turkey with green and red pepper, tomato and onion + quinoa.
In short, don’t let time decide your meals. Give it a try taking your packed lunch anywhere. The advantages of choosing to pack lunch are huge: convenient, practical and economical. If you are not yet a fan of this lifestyle, give yourself a chance and try it out!