Missing summer? How about a barbecue to remember those sunny days with a drink in your hand? The good news is that a barbecue happens when we want it to! And we want it to! Even though the weather may not be on our side, it’s no problem. What we really need is a good burger with a delicious sauce to go with it to remind us of the hot days. Maybe closing your eyes and turning on the heater will help too. But on to the point, our suggestion today: burgers with barbecue sauce or ketchup, healthier (and vegan too) version!
You will need:
- Burger – we recommend choosing turkey or chicken (diced at home, so you can choose the breast which is the leanest part) but the burger is yours! For vegans and vegetarians, we have a 5-star option: Zumub’s seitan and lupin burgers. Actually, this last option is for anyone who wants a tasty and meatless option.
- Bread – Zumub’s protein bread is without a doubt a much more affordable version in terms of macros and full of protein. If you prefer you can opt for another type of bread, more conventional, taking into account that it is usually more caloric and less nutritious.
- Complements – here you can give free rein to your creativity and customize your burger. We suggest mushrooms, peppers, onions or tomatoes. You can combine some of these ingredients and don’t forget the classic lettuce!
- Sauce: Zumb’s Ketchup or Barbecue Sauce. Both 0% fat, low in sugar and calories. Still, ready to make all the difference in your meal and turn your burger into something fantastically delicious!
- Cheese? If you are in the process of losing weight you might want to skip it; for those in the opposite process it might be a good addition. Still, it’s never a bad idea to be conscious: choose an option with less saturated fat and perhaps no lactose.
How to prepare burgers?
Well, we don’t think this is a conversation we need to have, but it always looks good in recipes, so…:
- Grill your burger. If you cook on a non-stick pan you may not have to use any fat for the preparation, otherwise we suggest Zumub cooking spray to help you;
- Prepare your complements. You can sauté or roast them before adding them (we recommend the latter). Again, Zumub’s cooking spray can be your best friend;
- Toast your bread if you want a warmer, crunchier version;
- Assemble the hamburger as you wish.
After all of this, all you have to do is enjooooy. And thank us, you can use the comments section to do that, if it’s not too much to ask.