Another morning and another bowl of cereal; another afternoon and another high-calorie pastry and a soft drink full of empty calories to go with it. And the fruit? Well, that beautiful apple has been left behind. 🍏
You know you can reduce your consumption of processed foods and make more conscious and healthier choices with our help. And to eat consciously, you don’t have to give up the taste of your food.
There are a lot of pancake recipes going around, and we’ve even taught you a good healthy one. This time with the collaboration of Only Food Page, we bring you a recipe for this fluffy american specialty with a twist: the main role belongs to an apple. Yes, apple pancakes! We swear we’re not insane, just keep reading. 🍎
Apple pancakes are a different and fun way to eat fruit and they’re super easy to make. It only has 5 ingredients to not complicate things and, to make everything even easier, you can buy almost all of them on Zumub’s website. This was well thought out, wasn’t it?
Here’s the recipe:
- 80 g Zumub egg whites
- 15 g Zumub oat flour (can be vanilla flavoured or custard tart flavoured)
- 5 g Zumub coconut flour
- Vanilla extract and stevia (optional)
- Remove the peel of the apple(s) and the central part
- Mix the rest of the ingredients until a homogeneous mass is created
- Heat up the pan (you can use Zumub cooking spray)
- Dip the apple slices in the batter prepared earlier and place in the pan; put a little bit of batter in the apple hole’s place
- When you start to see the oxygen bubbles in the batter, flip the pancakes
- Serve with Zumub peanut butter, yogurt, or Zumub Syrups 0kcal (available in chocolate and hazelnut, strawberry and salted caramel flavors)
As the saying goes “An apple a day keeps the doctor away“. And what a great way to eat your daily apple, eh?
If you try this recipe let us know how it goes and leave your opinion on a new way to make pancakes in the comments! 🥞😊